Trainer Underground Equipment (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three ( 3) Trainer Underground Equipment in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Human Resource Training based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to train underground operators with required skills using the appropriate methods and to ensure the working environment is safe.
What the role entails
- Provide visible and felt safety leadership to equipment operators and set a personal example in terms of safe work practices and behaviors.
- Develop a safety culture through training and personal interactions whilst ensuring that all work undertaken in areas of responsibility comply with existing safety legislation and is in full compliance with applicable HSE standards.
- Ensure the safety of all trainees in promoting risks identification, mitigation and management.
- Practice good quality housekeeping and workplace hygiene
- Assists in the preparation of trainings & assessment materials.
- Schedules the delivery & coordination of training.
- Conduct and delivery on the Job Training in Underground.
- Deliver classroom based knowledge courses, Practical Training and assessment, VOCs as required.
- Contribute the development of training materials and evaluation tools
- Ensure all training related documentation is up to date and managed so that it is readily accessible and secure through maintaining an adequate filing system.
- Participate in training audits and assessments.
- Evaluate training to ensure our ability to meet the training needs of operators, achieve learning objectives and address the gaps on skills and competency
- Reports directly to the Training Supervisors of Underground Training
What you will need for this role
- University degree or diploma in training or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating mobile equipment
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate
- Mongolian Driving License B,C,M
- Diploma or Cert IV (TAE) workplace, training and assessments or equivalent
- Computer literate and competent with MS office suite;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing both in Mongolian and English.
- Technical writing skill is preferred
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)