Senior Engineer MMC(OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s (OT) workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Engineer MMC in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Mine Monitoring & Control department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off. We are looking for an established leader with mining industry experience, who is keen to be exposed to leading edge technology and willing to learn everyday.
The primary purpose is to lead a team of four (4) technicans, within the Mine Monitoring and Control (MM&C) team that provide services and support to the Mine Control facility. The secondary purpose supports the scoping, design and implementation of leading edge Technology Roadmap through the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project. Functional area is in large complex mining environment, with pracices to be in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
The leading-edge technology we are implementing at Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project is a first for the Mongolian mining industry and represents international leading practice in the mining industry.
What the role entails
- Responsible for ensuring that the Mine Control systems operate with high availability. This role is responsible for both assigning as well as performing work.
- Provide advice and input into Oyu Tolgoi’s industry leading Underground Technology Roadmap
- Project management the implementation of leading technology and systems that the underground mining team and broader project team require to deliver the project safely and efficiently
- When issues are not resolved by first or second level support they will be escalated to this role. This role will be responsible for engaging appropriate resources to ensure that the issue is resolved. Resources include external vendors and consultants, internal maintenance teams, and OT Information Technology team
- Ensure data integrity and accurate reporting for the MM&C systems. Diligence in these areas will allow OT to create an accurate, trusted data source that will be used to manage operations and support business decisions
- Responsible for observing the operation of the Mine Control Room and ensuring that mine control personnel are following best practices
- Provide training and coaching to MM&C engineers, technicians and mine control personnel on an as needed basis
- Provide strong and effective leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Champion, implement, and support technology systems throughout the Underground project based on understanding of Oyu Tolgoi’s requirements and available technology
- Develop an understanding of the business drivers for a successful mining operation and how MM&C plays an integral role in such success.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience, or otherwise, with significant practical experience and on the job training. Experience in mining industry or other heavy industries will be highly regarded
- Plans, organises & controls area operations to ensure that the daily mine plan targets are achieved
- Project management experience to ensure safe, effiecnet and successful implementation of projects
- Promotes high standards of health, safety & environmental management.
- Experience using a wide range of computer software
- Working knowledge of technologies applied in the mining industry and how best to apply it for the benefit of safety and production
- Familiar with relational databases (SQL)
- Excellent written and spoken English and Mongolian;
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)