Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Mining Engineer in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project - Mine Coordination and Control department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The purpose of this role is to support the deployment and the operation of underground technical systems and reports to Superintendent MM&C. Specifically, this role will provide technical, people and process support to the mine, monitoring and control systems and require close work with all MM&C stakeholders including vendors that provide technical support to MM&C systems, hardware, and its infrastructure. Supporting the MM&C culture establishment will be critical.
You will be exposed to safe, innovative and internationally recognised work standards within a working environment that focuses on delivery of world class Underground Project and provides employees with career development, mentoring and leadership support.
What the role entails:
- Provide training and coaching to MM&C end-users, technicians and mine controllers on an as needed basis.
- Liaise with underground and Oyu Tolgoi departments to understand area needs. Deliver systems and information to enable the areas to improve daily operational decision-making.
- Work with underground stakeholders to ensure the information being collected is relevant, useful, and accurate by reviewing captured data and performing data quality audits. An accurate and trusted data source is important for the operations management and decision support.
- Engage appropriate resources to ensure that MM&C systems operate with high availability. Resources include external vendors and consultants, internal maintenance teams, and OT IT.
- Maintain reference master reference data.
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow efficient MM&C function.
- Implement and support tools that the underground mining teams require delivering the project safely and efficiently.
- Implement and support technical systems based on an understanding of Oyu Tolgoi’s requirements and available technology.
What you will need for this role:
- Degree in Mining Engineering is preferred.
- Excellent in oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge & experience of operational technology with +3 years in mining industry
- Experience working with control room environment (emergency, taxi, logistics dispatch, etc.) is an advantage. Preferably in a mining environment.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Willing to work underground on an as needed basis.
- Ability to analyze problems in business processes and MM&C systems and identify the root cause of issues.
- Ability to effectively use business software such as mind mapping software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, and Visio.
- Ability to work collaboratively with MM&C end-users and vendors.
- Any exposure to underground mine is an advantage.
- Experience with mining management or control systems (Pitram, Modular, Jigsaw, SCADA, etc.) is an advantage.
- Experience in database administration or mining technical systems (SQL, PI, MMRS, etc.) is an advantage.
Candidates are encouraged to detail any previous mining, construction or contracting experience in their application.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)