Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three (3) Blasters in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Surface Operations – Mine Operations Department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide services and support on blasting activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Record accurate Mine Operations data in Mining Control systems.
- Ensure the integrity of D&B data to provide a high level of data confidence & accuracy.
- Adhere to the continuous improvement culture within the D&B function.
- Measure, monitor and review operational D&B activity on site with respect to compliance, safety, performance, productivity as measured against site objectives and KPIs.
- Provide effective and timely communication to facilitate two-way feedback regarding D&B performance between, across and with all D&B stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to high operational standards and lead by example at all times.
- Ensure the D&B QA team develops, undertakes and implements the company’s safe systems of work including risk assessment, hazard identification, and all other Occupational Health and Safety obligations.
- Liaise with relevant Teams/Sections/Departments and Contractor Groups to ensure D&B activity is carried out in accordance with relevant standards and expectations set by the site.
- Ensure D&B data is measured and available for data entry, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Maintain industry awareness and understanding of best practice D&B techniques, applications, innovations and approaches by continually seeking information via research and to make recommendations for adoption/trial.
- Assist in the development of training materials to meet business and operations requirements.
- Ensure the safety of Drill and Blast team personnel.
- Effectively apply the relevant Rio Tinto HSE systems and demonstrate expected levels of personal conduct and behaviours.
- Ensure that D&B activity is conducted in accordance with RTIO standards and Mine Regulations.
- Optimise and continually improve D&B practices, activity, performance and outcomes.
- Effective and timely supervision of D&B personnel to achieve required KPIs, targets and outcomes.
- Measure, record, analyse and report on all D&B activity to ensure compliance and optimise performance.
What you will need for this role
- More than 2 years’ experience in the mining industry preferable;
- Mongolian Explosives Handling Certificate preferable;
- Knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently carry out loading and blasting activities preferable;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions;
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
Oyu Tolgoi LLC Branch Office
3rd bag, Khan-Uul Hotel (extension building), Level 3, Dalanzadgad, Umnugobi province
Tel:+ (976) - 7010-3604
Oyu Tolgoi LLC branch office
Community Interaction Center
Khanbogd soum, Umnugobi province
Tel: +(976) - 7010-3604
Hugo Office at Oyu Tolgoi mine Underground Admin Team
Tel: +(976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.