Trainer Mechanical (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Trainer Mechanical in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – People and Organization - Operational Safety Training department in Mongolia based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary focus for the Trainer Mechanical is to ensure effective implementation and management of the apprenticeship training program and also the tradesman upskilling program for all Oyu Tolgoi LLC Mechanical trades.
What the role entails
- Develop and implement training coursework specifically for Heavy equipment mechanics trades in line with the AQTF requirements.
- Make lesson plans and determine best instructional methods for HDM tradesman training and upskilling.
- Recommend improvements in curriculum and updates to accommodate new technology.
- Conduct educational programs utilising information technology and systems.
- Deliver training, assist with OJT and conduct assessment.
- Observe and report employee progress and program effectiveness.
- Facilitate / coordinate and motivate the apprentice to achieve individual training, experiential and assessment requirements.
- Coach apprentice as required.
- Contribute to organize the HMD training workshop on site with the appropriate equipment.
- Complete the attendance list of each delivered session and insure that the data will be entered in the training system (LMS) and also to RTO compliance requirements.
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment in safe working order at all times.
- Work closely with Operations Training Groups / Planners to effectively manage on-site Mechaical trades training delivery and assessment.
- Play a key role in promoting the HDM competency based training and assessment model for all HDM trade training.
What you will need for this role
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g. apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centres.
- Certificate IV Training and Education TAE40110 or equivalent. (Engineering certificate would be highly desirable).
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
- Experience of working with industrial and mining hydraulics
- Good speaking and writing skills, both English and Mongolian.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.