Engineer Hoisting (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two (2) Engineer Hoisting in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Maintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of this role is perform conventional, less complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment design, maintaining/optimizes existing assets, preparation of specifications or application of problem solving techniques to resolve issues.
What the role entails
- Applies standard techniques involving minor innovations of methodology to provide solutions to problems with a limited number of variables.
- Focuses on existing equipment or processes.
- Participates with drafters/designers, technicians, & engineers to contribute to project completion.
- Coordinates work within the team & mining groups to facilitate participation of various departments.
- Builds knowledge of Rio Tinto, processes & customs.
- Conducts equipment failure investigation.
- Initiates and leads failure mitigation projects.
- Develops understanding of the Engineering Process.
- Applies Rio Tinto Engineering Standards.
- Applies the Mongolian Underground Safety Regulations.
- Audits Hoisting compliance with Mongolian Underground Safety Regulations.
- Takes part in OT CRM safety initiative.
- Keeps records of key events and activities.
- Audits Hoist Passports for accuracy
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor or above degree in Engineering, Maintenance, Mechanical or relevant discipline relevant to performs function.
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant industrial experience.
- Root Cause Analysis, Defect Elimination trainings are preferred;
- Valid Drivers license.
- Able to troubleshoots minor issues in equipment & appliances & provides inputs to maintenance team for complex issues;
- Provides inputs to maintenance teams to schedule & create specific maintenance plans for the installed equipment & appliances while ensuring adherence to all safety aspects.
- Leads & participates in maintenance planning, prioritisation, scheduling & backlog review;
- Develops systems that embed safety & health improvements into all standard job packages of all planned maintenance work.
- Excellent in both writing and speaking in English
- Good at MS Office suits
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.