Engineer Mine Services (OT)
Engineer Mine Services
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Engineer Mine Services in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support on mining activities of the organisational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Produce & review drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs prior to fabrication;
- Prepare design calculations, functional statements, and design briefs for mechanical equipment;
- Prepare design sketches;
- Prepare trade-off and reports;
- Prepare material take-offs and review vendor-supplied equipment/component data;
- Review all design work pertaining to general arrangements for materials handling equipment, tanks, bins, ductwork, platework, and other equipment;
- Prepare piping designs based on project requirements (pipe routing, models, piping arrangements, isometrics, equipment layout drawings, material take-offs, pipe support details, etc.) for mining and industrial plants;
- Prepare quick sketches for piping design options;
- Prepare and verify designs on site including creation of tie-in drawings;
- Prepare and maintain PFDs, P&IDs, line lists, valve lists, specialty items lists, etc.;
- Check project discipline documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy;
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure a timely and accurate flow of design information, while ensuring departmental and client standards are maintained;
- Prepare man-hour estimates and participate in project cost estimates;
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower costs improve work quality
- Prepare calculations to determine mechanical equipment sizing, system operating conditions, and limitations;
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of work related work experience in similar roles
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good understanding of piping and piping calculations.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office suite;
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.