Technician Geotechnical (OT)
Technician Geotechnical (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Technician Geotechnical in OTUP - Geoscience and Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical services and support geotechnical activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Assist in all aspects of the geotechnical programmes by:
- carries out as directed the collection of geotechnical information including: tests Fibre Crete & Bolt pull, collects readings from MPBX & SMART cables, obtains data using the Z+F Laser Scans System; tests rock strength from face samples, supports on cycle times & related ground support issues
- Completes data entry for all data collected including: Geotechnical Face Mapping, Bolt Pull Tests, Fibre Crete testing, MPBX & SMART cable readings, Development Reporting
- Assist in the installation of geotechnical instrumentation as instructed by the geotechnical supervisor or superintendent
- Carrry out as directed work relates to geotechnical core information including: Collection & management of core samples, Orientation & mark-up of geotechnical drill core, Conducts point load tests on geotechnical core
- Complete data entry for all data collected including:
- Data obtained from core & structural logging, Tests data obtained through point load testing, Process data obtained underground uses the Z+F Laser Scans system in preparation for interpretation by geotechnical engineers, Assist with the input of data into graphic computer systems such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, GoCAD, Desk.
- Manage data quality control & assist in data audits/checks
- Perform ground support inspections to verify installed support in comparison to design
- Assist in performs various QA/QC checks against design to verify installation quality
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree in Geology, Geoscience or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar roles
- Relevant experience typically achieved through vocational trainings and equivalent practical experience or on-the-job training
- Mining experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Mongolian are mandatory (English highly regarded but not essential)
- Being able to make reports and present it accurately on necessary data and work performance
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.