Technician Planning – SRP (OT)
Technician Planning – SRP (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Technician Planning – SRP in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide services and support on mine planning engineering activities of the organisational unit in large complex environment in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Appropriate frequency of underground inspections of development activities and accountable work areas to ensure high quality and accurate plans are developed.
- Timely production of plans and supporting materials to enable the execution of planned work.
- Assistance in the preparation of quarterly and monthly planning activities.
- Work closely with off shore Mine Planning team and site based execution teams to critically review mine designs and ensure they are both fit for purpose and comply with mine design standards.
- Maintain integrity/currency of mine designs and published plans, including filing and archives.
- Undertake mine facility planning, design and project planning to enable construction.
- Undertake a variety of drafting activities, as required
- Liaise with all underground project work groups to generate strategies and plans to support area of responsibility and logistics activities.
- Support the monthly and quarterly planning processes.
- Assist in the schedule compliant delivery of the development Execution Plan.
- Continuously identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities to improve the performance of underground activities, whilst ensuring the milestones and objectives of the Underground Development Project are achieved.
- Close cooperation with Mine Coordination, Mining and UDS Contractor teams when developing schedules and plans that are reflective of the Project milestones and the fundamental objectives of the Underground Development
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings associated with the Technical Services department.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate degree in mine engineering or relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar roles
- Previous experience in mine development, design, planning activities, construction activities and contractor management are also highly regarded;
- Familiar with ore body and life mine plan
- Strong commitment to safety
- 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick or similar;
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office suite;
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System