Lead Mine Operations (OT)
Lead Mine Operations (3)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three (3) Lead Mine Operations for the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project to be based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Operations within the Mine Coordination and Control team, the Lead Mine Operations is accountable for the day to day scheduling and control of functional underground activities across the project. The role ensures the safe, schedule compliant and efficient delivery of the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Daily Execution Plan.
What the role entails
What you will need for this role
- Ability to embrace change, through rotating between work locations – underground to mine control room;
- Lead responses to unplanned events, including reallocating shared resources in a transparent manner ensuring ‘best for project’ outcomes;
- Actively resolve conflict between groups to ensure the chosen direction or decision is ‘best for project’;
- Provide training and coaching to miners and other front line leaders not under their direction supervision;
- Support and lead the mine control room facility and its personnel during emergency situations;
- Support and lead the mine control room facility to ensure the safe and efficient conformance to the schedule;
- Workwith underground stakeholdersto ensure the information beingcollected is relevant, useful,and accurate by encouraging personnel use all systems and processes provided to them;
- Support and champion the use of Management Operating System (MOS) processes and systems designed to support the underground mining teams in delivering the project safely, efficiently and on schedule.
- Ability to lead teams towards a common goal through actively and positively influencing them as opposed to directive or confrontational means;
- Provide oversight of the employees in the mine control room, whilst working in the control room;
- Form effective working relationships with key planning and operational staff across Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project departments and communicate effectively at different levels as required;
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement supporting the team in implementation and sustaining of effective and standardized MOS in broader sense;
- Championing operational discipline throughout the underground project to ensure disciplined schedule execution.
- Self-starting and confident to progress tasks without detailed direction;
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize tasks based on “best for project” needs;
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with stakeholders to resolve short term priority and resource conflicts in a manner that best meets project requirements and priorities at the time.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operational mining environment with at least 3 years leading operational teams at a supervisory level;
- Experience in underground mining techniques including block caving is highly desirable;
- Experience to mine monitoring and control or other control room systems and environment is highly desirable;
- Developed interpersonal skills, previous contractor management experience is preferable;
- Strong verbal and written Mongolian and English language skills;
- Good computer skills – able to use Microsoft Office and basic mining planning softwares;
- Degree in Mine Engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline, desirable but not required.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
And also please fill out the applications forms in English.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English)
- Cover Letter (in English )
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.