Coordinator Planning (OT)
Coordinator Planning (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Coordinator Planning in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project - Mine Coordination and Control department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The role is a key member of a team that develops and drives compliance to the agreed plans, manages schedule and resource expectations with a systematic and informed approach that supports the overall project.
What the role entails
- Responsible for coordinating and negotiating plan/schedule conflicts and gaps with planning functions of all other Underground departments for resolution and alignment.
- Ensure flow of assumptions for integrated planning across Development, Construction, Maintenance, and Shaft Operations & Logistics then communicate and escalate associated issues in timely manner.
- Ensure information and processes are entirely scalable and usable at departmental, project, and business levels as required.
- Liaise directly with planning functions of all Underground departments to ensure that there is clear alignment between departmental plans/schedules and integrated planning parameters and initiatives.
- Build effective working relationships with key Planning staff across Mine Technical Services, Geotechnical, Maintenance, Construction, Shaft Operations & Logistics, Project Controls, Engineering to implement a standardized approach and systems of execution planning.
- Assist and work closely with Mine Coordination Planning Analyst in producing Monthly and Weekly Integrated execution plan to be executed in daily and shift basis.
- Assist and work closely with Mine Coordination Planning Analyst in analyzing and identifying scheduling conflicts in close coordination with Mine Coordination Planning Coordinator and Senior Planning Analyst and also with the departmental planning functions as required.
- Support Mine Coordination Senior Planning Analyst identifying, coordinating and resolving planning conflicts and gaps for Yearly and Quarterly Integrated planning process by making necessary information available in the right level of detail at the right time.
- Work closely with reporting functions to identify performance issues and ensure to address them in the future execution planning process for gap closure and mitigation by effectively coordinating with planning functions of the all other Underground departments.
- Communicate and escalate schedule and scope variances and trends to the Mine Coordination Senior Planning Analyst in timely manner.
- Support the ongoing implementation, and later effective operation of the Underground Management
- Form effective working relationships with key Planning staff across OT Underground Project departments and communicate effectively at different levels as required.
- Provide strong and effective assistance across the Integrated Planning Process
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement supporting the team in implementation and sustain of effective and standardized planning process and Management Operating System (MOS) in broader sense.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Construction Planning) or tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operational mine planning or project scheduling
- Direct experience with complex planning environment and systems.
- Good basis on negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience supporting implementation and integration of new systems and practices in an existing operation
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize tasks based on Best For Project needs
- Proficient in MS Office products especially spreadsheet modelling skills
- Hands on mine production and planning experience in Open Pit or an Underground mine
- Proficiency in any Mine Planning and Scheduling software (ex. Primavera P6, Deswik, Vulcan, MineSight, Atlas or other) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent in English language both in oral and written
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.