Technician Ventilation (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two ( 2) Technician Ventilation in our Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project–Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role to provide services and support the project execution through monitoring of the dynamic mine ventilation system in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- High frequency of accurate underground air quantity/quality measurements, including accurate recording and reporting of the readings.
- Regular inspections of underground ventilation installations (fans, duct and fixed controls) to ensure compliance with legislative and company standards.
- Involvement in ensuring compliance with Refuge Chamber safety standards through location planning, inspections, compliance to relocation and commissioning procedures and generation of location plans.
- Develop work instructions in consultation with the execution team to optimize safety and efficiency in the design and installation of ventilation fans, ducting and fixed ventilation controls.
- Actively participate in workforce education programs relating to atmospheric working conditions.
- Undertake continuous improvement projects related to ventilation activities as directed by Senior Ventilation Engineer.
- Generate plans and reports in an appropriate format and timely manner that accurately reflect the status of the underground ventilation circuit.
- Produce, properly document and clearly communicate realistic and workable ventilation plans in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with monthly monitoring and reporting requirements by the site Hygiene team.
- Assist in delivering schedule compliant delivery of the Integrated Weekly Execution Plan
- Close cooperation with Technical Services, Mine Coordination and Mining teams to ensure that plans are developed to support the Project milestones and the fundamental objectives of the Underground Development.
- Attend and contribute to a variety of meetings associated with the Mining and Technical Services departments.
What you will need for this role
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g. apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centres
- Experience in an Engineering or Science related discipline is required
- Previous experience in: - underground mine development/design / planning activities, construction activities, and contractor management are also highly regarded.
- 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick or similar (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in Mongolian and English highly regarded
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.