Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for eight (8) Draftsperson in our Oyu Tolgoi Technical and Studies - Mine design department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with the roster of 14 days on and 7 days off.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide mine design drafting support to the site-based execution team. You will be part of the Mine Planning and Technical team.
What the role entails
- Use the Deswik software suite (i.e. Deswik CAD, Deswik Draft, Deswik Underground Drill and Blast) to produce mine designs and drawings
- Plot Approved For Construction and Issued For Design drawings for the site-based execution team
- Complete design checklists for each drafted mine design
- Convert Life Of Mine design entities into Issued For Design and Approved For Construction design entities (i.e. this includes correct attribution of design entities)
- Working effectively and efficiently within a close team environment
- Manage multiple design priorities and achieve committed deadlines for drawing submission
- Check out and check in mine design into Deswik Mining Data Management system
- Produce two dimensional ground support designs under the instruction of the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate
- Produce three dimensional cable bolt designs and drawings under the guidance of the Superintendent - Detailed Design
- Perform peer review checks of other drafts people's work prior to submission
- Review work process flows and seek opportunities to improve efficiency
- Produce mass excavation mining envelope plots
- Take instruction from the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate. Accurately execute these instructions
- Escalate issues and delays to the Superintendent - Detailed Design or their nominated delegate in a timely manner
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operational mine planning or project is desirable
- Good basis on negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience supporting implementation and integration of new systems and practices in an existing operation
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize tasks based on Best For Project needs
- Proficient in MS Office products especially spreadsheet modelling skills
- Hands on mine production and planning experience in Open Pit or an Underground mine
- Familiarity in any Mine Planning and Scheduling software (ex. Primavera P6, Deswik, Vulcan, MineSightor other) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent in English language both in oral and written
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
And also please fill out the applications forms in English
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.