UG Operation Training- Trainer Secondary Breaking /2/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 percent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two ( 2) UG Operation Training- Trainer Secondary Breaking in our – People and Organization - Operational Safety Training department in Mongolia based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality training, maintain effective communication with stakeholders to establish training needs, evaluate the effectiveness of training and modify materials as appropriate, and to develop and maintain training material to the highest standards in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the operation's objective and the targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Deliver training to meet all objectives of the business and ensure all personnel are adequately trained to perform their role
- Work with internal stakeholders as required to exchange information & resources
- Improve the learning & development courses by providing feedback & suggestions
- Support the implementation of learning & development initiatives
- Develop and maintain learning needs of customers as required and provide advice on appropriate solutions.
- Report and deliver on mandatory and non-mandatory compliance requirements
- As part of the HR & Training team, provide visible safety leadership to HR, OT leadership team & site workforce
- As part of the site operational support team, develop a safety culture through learning and development & personal interactions whilst ensuring that all work undertaken in areas of responsibility comply with existing safety legislation & is in full compliance with applicable HSE standards
- Ensure the safety of all team members & trainees in promoting risk identification, mitigation & management.
- Work with the training supervisor to develop & refine training plans that will deliver the required training towards the operational needs of the business Deliver training as defined in the OT approved training structure, training packages and VOC documentation
- Coach, mentor and train personnel to an exceptional standard
- Coordinate & deliver the required training to support the area specific training plans
- Communicate training strategies & disseminate area specific training objectives to accomplish plans
- Deliver effective train-the-trainer programs in order to rapidly build internal training capabilities
- Provide training & development advice to other trainers & employees when required
- Evaluate training that ensures our ability to meet the underground training needs, achieve learning objectives & address changes as they occur
What you will need for this role
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g. apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centres.
- At least 5 years relevant experience – mining mobile equipment maintenance
- Fluency in speaking and writing skills, both English and Mongolian is mandatory
- Underground Mining and Training experience. Extensive underground experience working with mobile equipment
- Sound knowledge of mining systems & processes with the ability to continously learn and adapt to new technology and ideas
- Certificate IV Training and Education TAE40110 or equivalent, and experience of developing and delivering competencey based training programmes would be highly desirable
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before 05:30 PM on [29 January 2019]:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.