Superintendent Assurance (OT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Superintendent Assurance in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Finance and Commercial - Risk and Compliance department based at Ulaanbaatar.
The purpose of this role is to add value and improve OT LLC’s Operations and Underground Project control environment by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach, to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal control, governance and the risk management processes and to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails:
- Ensure maintenance of high standards and quality of assurance reviews by learning and applying assurance methodologies, including use of data analysis and analytics, preparing adequate and quality working papers to support assurance findin and recommendations and communicating any delays to the Manager Assurance.
- Oversee and further develop any continuous controls monitoring programs (e.g. Procurement), including the use of data analytics and data visualization.
- Act as the interface between OT’s external service provider for internal audits (KPMG/Deloitte) and the OT business to ensure the annual board approved internal audit program is delivered on schedule and budget
- Review draft audit reports to assure full and complete reporting in a professional manner.
- Work collaboratively with management towards achieving an effective system of internal control over all aspects the business.
- Assist in developing the annual Operations and Underground Project assurance plan in consultation with key stakeholders, including other internal and external assurance providers and auditors.
- Support the OT LLC Finance and Audit Committee attendance by assisting the Manager Assurance with presentation of the results of the risk, compliance and internal audit department activities.
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of OT LLC including potential improvements to those processes, and provide information concerning such issues through resolution.
- Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance and behaviour and the training and development of subordinate staff.
- Execute a clear and direct approach with colleagues and personnel involved in assurance, explain issues and provide advice clearly. This includes being able to explain the role of the Governance and Assurance function within the three lines of defence.
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline (e.g. Finance, Commerce) and/ or a Professional Assurance/Audit Qualification
- At least 5 years relevant experience providing assurance services is required.
- Prior experience at Big 4 accounting firm providing assurance services desirable.
- Ability to develop data analytics dashboards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- Excellent knowledge and usage of MS office software.
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to www.ot.mn/Career, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.