Graduate Engineer Civil /OT/
Graduate Engineer Civil /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Civil in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Mining - EL & HL Construction department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide support on construction activities of the organizational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Contribute to visible safety leadership in the workplace with regular safety interactions
- Builds knowledge of and applies Mongolian Legislation requirements, Rio Tinto and Oyu Tolgoi HSE standards
- Assist in ensuring procedures\JHAs are in place and adhered to for all construction activities, including during pre-production phase and into production
- Ensure the safety of all team members and that risks are identified, mitigated and managed
- Appropriate frequency of underground inspections of mining and construction activities in accountable work areasto ensure compliance with intended plan, quality of work output, schedule compliance and visibility in the field
- Provide a point of contact for queries related to EL and HL Construction activities
- Provide assistance for improvement projects with the supporting contract groups relating to all aspects of EL & * Provision of quarterly, monthly and weekly planning input to the IPP
- Provide technical support to the Operational teams post commissioning and handover of underground mechanical infrastructure, equipment, facilities and all construction activities as required
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow effective department function (Management Operating System)
- Assist in delivering schedule compliant execution of the Integrated Weekly Execution Plan
- Contribute to the development of capability within the OT organization that is capable of the ongoing EL & HL development, construction and production activities
- Attend lead or run a variety of meetings associated with the Mining EL & HL Department
- Identify own training needs required to fulfil the role
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with site stakeholders
- Build and develop effective relationships with all contractors to enable effective management of all contracts
What you will need for this role
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2019 or graduated in 2017 , 2018 and hold a Bachelor degree and Master's degree from an accredited university, major Civil Engineering or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Please tell us about a time when you’ve held a leadership position (i.e. work, sport, volunteering, and student societies). What did you like and dislike about the position and why? Please write an essay within 350-400 words
- To have active email address
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.