Graduate Engineer Mining /ОТ/
Graduate Engineer Mining /2/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two (2) Graduate Engineer Mining in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – OTUP - Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide engineers services and support on mine activities of the functional area under supervision in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Ensures the safety of all team members & that risks are identified, mitigated & managed
- Assist in Development/Production mine plans in coordination with the short range mine planning, & operations
- Effective communication of technical information & associated risk & opportunity to mine operations
- Comply with existing safety legislation and is in full compliance with applicable HSE standards and Regular safety interactions
- Provide daily/weekly mine plans to guide mine operation group on daily and weekly basis on tons and grade
- Collate and prepare daily, weekly, monthly reporting, equipment planning and performance reconciliation
- Updating the interim phase/stockpile/dump design based on the latest approved recommendation
- Identify any potential difference to the implementation of mine plans and to the alignment of the mine plans with company long term sustainable roles. Therefore, potential risks at various levels of mine design, mine planning, and short-range implementation for operations will be addressed before.
What you will need for this role
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2019 or graduated in 2017 , 2018 and hold a Bachelor degree and Master's degree from an accredited university, in mining engineering or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documentsbefore 05:30 PM on [24 June 2019].
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Please tell us about a time when you’ve held a leadership position (i.e. work, sport, volunteering, and student societies). What did you like and dislike about the position and why? Please write an essay within 350-400 words
- To have active email address
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.