Graduate Engineer Mechanical /OT/
Graduate Engineer Mechanical /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Graduate Engineer Mechanical in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Operations - Mine Maintenance department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
Performs conventional, less complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment design, maintaining/optimizes existing assets, preparation of specifications or application of problem solving techniques to resolve issues.
What the role entails
- Performs variety of routine tasks within discipline that are planned to provide experience & familiarization with the team & the methods, practices, & programs of Rio Tinto
- Focuses on documentation, monitoring, & testing
- Collects & evaluates data, & develops plans for assignments that may involve design application
- Conducts equipment failure investigation & mitigation
- Focuses on existing equipment or processes
- Participates with drafters/designers, technicians, & engineers to contribute to project completion
- Coordinates work within the team & mining groups to facilitate participation of various departments
- Builds knowledge of Rio Tinto, processes & customs
- Initiates and leads failure mitigation projects
- Applies Rio Tinto Engineering Standards
- Applies the Mongolian Underground Safety Regulations
- Audits Hoisting compliance with Mongolian Underground Safety Regulations
- Takes part in OT CRM safety initiative
- Audits Hoist Passports for accuracy
What you will need for this role
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Must graduate no later than June 2019 or graduated in 2017 , 2018 and hold a Bachelor or Master's degree from an accredited university, major in Mechanic engineering or relevant discipline
- Good English proficiency
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- Please make sure to attach CV and Cover letter in both English and Mongolian
- Official certified copy of transcript and diploma
- Please tell us about a time when you’ve held a leadership position (i.e. work, sport, volunteering, and student societies). What did you like and dislike about the position and why? Please write an essay within 350-400 words
- To have active email address
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.