Principle Advisor Communities /OT/
Principle Advisor Communities /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Principle Advisor Communities in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – Power Project department based at Ulaanbaatar.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the project development and community interface of Oyu Tolgoi (TTPP) and build positive and sustainable relations with Oyu Tolgoi’s communities and stakeholders based on mutual respect, active partnerships being responsible for providing complex management and business assurance related to the company’s execution of its social performance policy and other relevant standard requirements.
What the role entails
- Development and implementation of consultation and engagement strategy including for all affected soums that includes activities to provide information on operational and project activities as well as opportunities for the communities to provide input and feedback.
- Development of stakeholder engagement plans for projects and specific initiatives, community assistance and partnership activities.
- Local community relation management and documentation
- Grievance andincident management
- Issue identification
- Community committee/working group management including community advisory groups and bag meetings
- Managing the resettlement and compensation program
- Oversee program start-up and ongoing program management and administration of teams across various field locations.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with OT’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan.
- Develop program implementation strategies, including partnership frameworks, capacity building of partners.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the staff, including end-user monitoring to ensure that designated community has benefited.
- Integrate community approaches, capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place, including gathering data for case studies.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with OT policies and procedures.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrable experience in the field(s) of Corporate Social Responsibility, Government Relations, Community Relations, Compliance related to community agreements, land access negotiations and regional economic and community development in the extractive minerals sector
- Knowledge and skill in Mongolia language, culture, politics, economy, society, environment, foreign affairs and current events
- Expertise and experience in communications including extensive rural and urban experience in Mongolia
- Knowledge of the mining sector including the ability to communicate about the various geology, engineering, construction development, safety, health and environmental aspects of mining
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Decisive, results-oriented, and improvement focused
- Demonstration of cost effective process management
- Able to appreciate customer concerns, priorities and cultures
- Extensive experience in decision making and problem solving of complex situations
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.