Coordinator Permitting (OT)
Coordinator Permitting (2)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 percent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two ( 2) Coordinator Permitting in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – OTUP - Engineering Department based in Ulaanbaatar.
The purpose of this role is to assure obtaining of the compulsory construction permit of Tavan Tolgoi Power Plant in compliance with the law and company policies. The work involves preparation and submission of permit application, its extension and ammendment. Planning and monitoring the permitting and construction process, providing advice or decisions on unusual and complex assignments, providing advice and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts, participating in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
What the role entails
- Identify required operational permits and determine application requirements
- Obtain permits, licenses and certificates, calibration equipment and maintain their master lists and ensure that permit requirements and legal obligations are met and hold the legal obligations central register up to date
- Monitor the completion of required routine documentation (e.g. red books, acts) to ensure the standard is maintained and maintain a good and accurate filing system and data base for all permits/licenses
- Identify areas for improvement/training needs relating to the completion of routine documentation
- Support the Permitting Team in an engagement activity with the authorized permitting organizations and add a value for it
- Identify external reporting requirements and collate technical input from subject matter experts within the department
- Participate in preparation for audits/inspections and be the point of contact in the department for the Permit Team to coordinate with regarding the schedule for the visit
- Coordinate the completion of actions assigned to the department following audits and inspections
- Cooperate with OT Risk & Compliance regarding meeting commitments made in external agreements
- Assist and support the Permitting Manager and the Permitting Superintendent, and the rest of the Permitting team as required
- Hold/update central register of permits, licenses and contracts and other registers that occur necessary and develop permit obtaining procedures
- Monitor on OT compliance to the legal obligations and initiate and suggest best practices on permitting
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree in Law, Business Administration, Energy or a relevant discipline
- At least 3 year’s experience with writing and using technical documents such as equipment maintenance or operational manual, handbook etc.
- Flexibility and adaptability with strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and negotiation skill with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal in Mongolian and English
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.