Senior Engineer Mining (OT)
Senior Engineer Mining /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 percent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Senior Engineer Mining in our OTUP– Mining Decline department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support for the Conveyor to Surface project in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- Keep updated and maintain the short range planning systems that are fit for purpose for the planned underground development project.
- Prepare development designs, schedules and plans that are accurate, practical, consistent with industry standards, and comply with recommended design guidelines and all applicable codes and regulations.
- Optimise the mine design and schedules, and undertake project work related to the planned mining activities.
- Coach, lead and manage engineers within the project, including contractors
- Produce, properly document and clearly communicate realistic and workable mine planning information in a timely manner. Present plans for management decision making in an error-free, well organized, concise, and complete manner, writing brief or comprehensive summaries as requested.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders of plans, recommendations, and requirements, ensuring related calculations and designs are accurate and fit for purpose.
- Plan and coordinate the mine planning work programs, and provide coaching and mentoring, for the engineering team.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for the development and mining operations planning, providing knowledge and service as required.
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve safety, productivity, quality and costs at the mine site to ensure OT competes effectively in these areas when compared with similar operations.
- Prepare, maintain and control standards, reports, drawings, manuals and asset inventories.
- Participate in the contractor management claims process when required, providing accurate plan inputs by specified dates for monthly processes.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mining Engineering preferred) or equivalent tertiary qualification
- At least 6 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- At least 2 years working in an underground mining environment
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions, skilled in safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Continuous Improvement and Leadership skills
- Ability to work in team
- Good in oral and written English communication is preferred
All interested candidates should submit the following documents
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System or go to the OT portal, select your vacancy and click on the link in the bottom.
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
CV in English and Mongolian
Cover Letter in English and Mongolian
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Chinggis Avenue 15, Sukhbaatar District
Ulaanbaatar - 14240, Mongolia
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.