Youth aged 15-34 make up 56.5 percent of total registered unemployed www.montsame.mn
Ulaanbaatar/MONTSAME/ At the end of February 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have registered 33.9 thousand job seekers, of which 24.0 thousand or 70.7 percent were unemployed and remaining 9.9 thousand or 29.3 percent were employed but looking for a new job.
Registered unemployed increased by 565 persons or 2.3 percent from the same period of previous year and increased by 381 persons or 1.6 percent from the previous month. A breakdown by gender shows that 12.6 thousand or 52.7 percent were women among total number of registered unemployed. By region, 7.6 thousand unemployed or 31.8 percent of total registered unemployed were in Ulaanbaatar, 6.2 thousand or 25.8 percent were in Khangai region, 4.3 thousand or 17.8 percent were in Western region, 3.4 thousand or 14.3 percent were in Central region and 2.5 thousand or 10.3 percent were in Eastern region.
From total registered unemployed at national level, 406 or 1.7 percent were with disabilities, of which 198 or 48.8 percent were women.
In February 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies of aimags capital have recorded 5.1 thousand newly unemployed and from registered 774 persons were hired on a new job. Due to inactive job seeking, 4.7 thousand persons were removed from the Unemployment Register.
Compared to February of previous year, the number of new registered unemployed were decreased by 645 persons or 11.1 percent and the number of persons removed from the Unemployment Register being inactive job seeker decreased by 63 or 1.3 percent, whereas the number of persons hired on a new job increased by 143 or 22.7 percent.
In February 2019, the Labor and Social Welfare Services Agencies have recorded 5143 new unemployed.
By the reasons of new registered unemployed, the highest percentage or 46.5 percent was person who dismissed from job.
By level of education attainment of registered unemployed at the end of February 2019, 47.7 percent had high school education, 30.3 percent had diploma or bachelor degree, 6.9 percent had technical and vocational training, 6.0 percent had secondary education, 4.5 percent had specialized secondary education, 2.3 percent had elementary school education, 1.2 percent had no education and 1.1 percent had masters and higher level of education.
From total registered unemployed at national level, more than half or 56.5 percent was accounted for young people aged 15-34. This rate was higher by 0.2-17.7 points in Khovd, Umnugovi, Selenge, Tuv, Dornod, Govisumber, Bayan-Ulgii, Uvurkhangai, Khuvsgul, Dornogovi, Uvs, Sukhbaatar, Govi-Altai, Dundgovi, Bayankhongor aimags compared to national average.
Source: National Statistics Office of Mongolia