Supply of Transportation Service for Umnugovi(OT)
“Oyu Tolgoi” LLC (the 'Company') would like to invite all potential experienced Suppliers from Khanbogd, Manlai and Bayan Ovoo soums of Umnugovi Aimag to submit their Expression of Interest in relation to supply service of “Copper Concentrate Outbound Transportation Service from Company Mine Site in Khanbogd Soum, Umnugovi aimag, Mongolia to Ganqimaodu border, China”.
[An EOI is only a preliminary step to a formal tender process to understand and identify whether there are potential suppliers in the market that are interested in, and capable of satisfying the procurement needs]
The supplier will be required to carry out all of, but not limited to, the following works:
Service Scope: Outbound Transportation service of Copper Concentrate from Company Mine Site in Khanbogd Soum, Umnugovi aimag, Mongolia to Customs Bonded “Huafang” Terminal in Ganqimaodu, China through Ganqimaodu and Gashuun Sukhait bilateral borders.
- Umnugovi supplier as per Oyu Tolgoi’s supplier definition based out of one or combination of following target soums of Umnugovi aimag:
- Bayan Ovoo Soum
- Khanbogd Soum
- Manlai Soum
- 100% Umnugovi employment consisting permanent citizens of one or more of the target soums
- Partnership between the target soums
- Transport equipment fleet requirement
- Minimum Requirement
- Legally exported from Origin and imported into Mongolia
- Minimum 21 prime movers with specification of 380hp and 40 ton payload capacity
- Minimum 21 trailers (standard flatbed or removable side fence trailers) with minimum 12m length
- Prime Mover cabin design has Roll Over Protection System or additionally installed Roll Over Protection by Manufacturer
- Preferred Specification
- Prime Movers and trailers are recently manufactured
- Able to operate by double trailer configuration, 40 ton payload per trailer or more
- Prime Mover cabin design has Air Bag protection system
- Provide sufficient number of professional drivers and operation management staff who are permanent local residents of one of combination of target soums for full time cover during roster breaks
- In compliance with applicable laws and standards to operate through the bilateral borders
- In compliance with the applicable and Company Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedures at all times
The potential suppliers must submit the following documents:
- Company Registration and VAT certificate copies
- Applicable special license copies for
- Customs Entrusted Carrier License (if any)
- International Freight Forwarding permission (if any)
- Any other licenses and permission as relevant
- Company Charter copy & owners information
- Prime Mover and trailers technical certificates
- Financial audit copies for last 3 years (if available)
- Introduction of:
- Organization chart including current total number of employees
- Qualified manpower / key personnel
- Previous experiences on:
- Domestic transportation service (if any)
- International transportation service operating through the Ganqimaodu and Gashuun Sukhait bilateral borders
- Reference letters from Customers (up to 5)
- Plan on how the Service Provider will be sharing the benefits to the local community in which they operate out off
- Formal documents of partnership between the target soums
- Reference letter from target soums’ government on:
- Company residency at applicable soum
- Company owners residency at applicable soum
- Permanent residency information on all other personnel including drivers and operational staff at applicable soum
The Company will hold Briefing Session for the local individuals and entities to introduce the service scope requirement, timeline and procurement process. Entities and individuals who are interested for detail information on this Expression of Interest please respond to the Briefing Session per below schedule.
- 11am, 19 December 2017 Office of Governor, Khanbogd soum
- 3pm, 19 December 2017 in the Office of Governor, Bayan Ovoo soum
- 11am, 20 December 2017 in the Office of Governor, Manlai soum
Please submit your proposal prepared in Mongolian and/or English via RFxBox@ot.mn (with subject: WS1184989124 – Outbound Transportation Services for Khanbogd, Manlai and Bayan Ovoo soums, Umnugovi Aimag) before 5pm, 28 December 2017.
It is required for interested parties to complete registration process at http://oyutolgoi.achillesapac.com/en/, if not registered in “Oyu Tolgoi” company’s Master Supplier Database.
- The Company is only seeking Expression of Interest from potential suppliers and makes no representation or promise in relation to procuring work from a supplier or suppliers.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any document(s) which is incomplete or submitted after the specified date & time.
- The Company will not accept any EOIs stored in internet storage or in any other webpages and links.
- The Company will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing and submitting an Expression of Interest to the Company
- There will be no Questions and Answers provided during the EOI process.
“OYU TOLGOI” LLC